Bo Peep Learning
Empowering achievers to reach their fullest potential
'Literacy is a human right'
Data reveal that literacy levels in the UK have not improved since 2001. These research findings acknowledge the urgent and essential need to ensure students are able to access literacy across the curriculum in primary and secondary schools. Bo Peep Learning works in partnership with primary and secondary schools, nationally and internationally, to raise literacy levels. In recent years, classroom sizes and teacher-administrative tasks have significantly increased. Literacy, language and literature support from Bo Peep Learning will dramatically reduce workload and mitigate challenges teachers face on a daily basis. Our consultants, coaches and mentors help teachers to use their knowledge and skills to embed literacy instructions in all subject areas. We also provide guidance on ways to encourage students to participate in literacy practices in and outside of the classroom setting. Bo Peep Learning is committed to making literacy practices relevant, purposeful, engaging, multi-modal and generative.
Bo Peep Learning is committed to:
•assessing literacy needs by reviewing student data, curricular goals and instructional practice.
• identifying staff needs and providing support in required areas.
• administering reading and literature sessions and workshops for students.
• facilitating small and large group discussions about instructional practices and how they impact student learning.
• engaging with practitioners on ways to strengthen STEM literacy.
• working with teachers to identify and access curriculum materials and instructional strategies that meet the needs of all students.
• connecting staff to the most current research in the field of literacy.
• observing and providing feedback to teachers about their instruction in a non-evaluative manner.
• reflecting with teachers on observed lessons, linking comments to the needs assessment of the school.
• conducting ongoing evaluations of literacy improvement action, communicating the results to teachers and administrators.
• discussing goals, progress, and areas in need of improvement with the school leadership team.
Literacy across the curriculum
It is the view that every teaching practitioner is a teacher of literacy yet literacy instruction is not a mandatory component of teacher training. As technologies evolve so does the concept of literacy, changing the substance and focus of ongoing academic and policy debates. Also, the place and methods of work in the 21st Century are in continuous transformation due to enabling technologies and management reforms, making it vital for students to learn particular skills.
There is the consensus that literacy across the curriculum is key to student success however school literacy is traditionally viewed as the English teachers' responsibility, and as we know this might not be the best approach or solution. Bo Peep Learning provides support in STEM-literacy, giving greater clarity, efficacy and results to your STEM efforts. Together, let us work towards giving learners the literacy skills they require to excel the 21st Century.
Literacy in Subject English and Literature
Questions to consider
In a small group setting, our practitioner identifies learning gaps and provides nuggets of knowledge and strategies that will keep students calm and confident before and during the exam.